Friday, April 25, 2014

Missing England

It has almost been a year since we left for England. I had bought my ticket already this time last year.
I had the excitement of counting down the days until the expected time of departure. 
 
A few days ago I was watching a tv show (Miranda). A show we watched in England. while I was watching Miranda I had a flashback of when we were on the train. I had Cadbury chocolate in my hand, and I was looking off in to the distance, I saw green fields with sheep. There were sounds of people talking - I remember two girls talking about what they were going to buy as soon as they got to Bristol. And then the train came to a stuttering stop and I heard the almost mechanic sound of a woman's voice saying Bristol Temple Meads next stop. then I heard mind the gap... mind the gap... and I woke from my daze. 
And there I was in the living room; no trains, no british people, and no cadbury chocolate. I was so happy when I was traveling meeting new people. Some mornings we would just walk not really having a destination in mind but we would walk for miles until are hunger would over power are longing to walk so we would stop and get cream tea. One day when we were walking the coast near Penzance are trail led us right to a tea house. literally right to the tea house! 

I hope to go back and walk those trails through meadows of sheep someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment